In 1904 it was used as a cafe and in 1910 it became the private property of Konstantinos Nikolaou. From 1925 το 1940 it became the residence of the English ambassador. During the period 1940-1945 the building was used by the German occupying forces. After the war, in the ‘50s, the building accommodated ‘Paraschis School’ and from 1958 to 1976 the Nursery Schools ‘Rigas Ferraios’ and ‘Τa Spourgitakia’. From 1976 to 1995 it housed the ‘New School’ and from 1995 to 1999 the bar-restaurant ‘Syrakouses’.
In 2001, upon the decision to apply the apartment-for-land procedure (antiparochi) to the whole land plot, Michalis Nomikos and Maria Dousa, in collaboration with Christos Kouloukouris, undertook the design for the building’s restoration. It was interesting in terms of typology and form as well as from a historical point of view. What should be stressed here is that the maintenance and restoration work enhanced its original character featuring layout and construction details.
The project was completed by a team of experts and technicians of all specialties. The interior design study was assigned to Mr. Ch. Kouloukouris and Mrs. M. Grani.